I have been eating this really simple salad every night for the past week. It is basically out of extreme laziness but instead of bashing myself over the head with it I have just come to think of little quick fixes like these as ‘minimal eating’.
Dress the part, eat the part, right?
This is just for the one person, which would be me, as a main dish to accompany my steak or fish. I do not eat potatoes/pasta/rice etc so adjust amounts to your own liking and taste.
mixed green salad 100 gr, or more (I vary this a bit but almost always it contains spinach)
green asparagus tips 100 gr, or more
olive oil, 2 large tablespoons
balsamic vinegar, 1 large tablespoon
– toss the salad in a bowl
– pre-heat grill pan or frying pan
– heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– toss the asparagus in the pan and move them around
– season liberally with the salt, pepper and chili
– wait for them to turn shiny and a brighter green, taste one, they should be cooked but still crisp
– add the asparagus to the salad while still warm and mix it all in with the other tablespoons of olive oil and balsamic vinegar